Funny story... Silas needed another haircut - his hair was hanging down in his eyes, but it was short in back, so he didn't look like a girl. His hair grows sooooo fast and has lots of body to it, so it really looks better short, I just hadn't taken the time to go get it cut. Well, mom offered to trim it down in the basement and I said okay. Silas was into it for about 3 minutes and then he wanted her to stop. Mom wants to be the fun grammy, not the mean-grammy-who-cuts-hair, so after trimming up the top, she stopped and left him with a total Jim Carey haircut from Dumb and Dumber! I was horrified! So I called "Snip, Buzz, Bangs" and took him in for a REAL haircut after his nap.
On our way into the kiddie hair salon, I noticed the ice cream store next door, and not being above bribing, I told him that if he was good and let them cut his hair, I would take him to get ice cream. I didn't realize they give suckers out. So here's my little prince charming, walking into the ice cream with his new haircut AND a sucker in his mouth! I was so embarrassed! What kind of mom gives her kid candy while he's in an ice cream store! We put away the sucker for later and he gobbled down his watermelon sorbet. As soon as he was finished, he was asking for the candy again, but this time I decided to save face and whispered to him that he could have it in the car. So as soon as I buckled him in, I wiped the ice cream off his lips and handed him a sucker! Of course, the funniest thing about it all to me is that Silas NEVER gets sucker nor ice cream and there I was giving him both at the same time!
No comments:
Post a Comment