I finally felt my inner Scrooge dying as I actually looked forward to the holidays this year! Silas was so much fun, talking about his stocking and the kind of presents he wanted - "blue presents". I don't know why blue, but that was what he wanted in his stocking. We didn't make a big deal out of the Santa thing - I think we have another year before we have to really address that one. I don't see the need to have him believe, but everyone I talk to seems to think I'm just nuts or incredibly mean to not make it a big deal. I don't want him to be the kid who ruins it for someone else's kid either, so we're still up in the air on that one. What are you going to do?
There are a couple quotes my family is throwing around after our gift exchange with them. The first is, "A present? For MEEEE?" in a very sweet, excited little voice. He said this with almost every present he received all 3 days (we celebrated on the 23rd with Jim and Helen, the 24th with my family and the 25th just the 3 of us). The other cute little Silas-ism is "I made this for you, I did" when he handed each of his aunts and uncles and grandparents a pompom ornament that we crafted together. It doesn't look as cute when it's typed into an email, but it was so darling that we made sure we got him saying it on video. He was so proud of himself, even if he wasn't as helpful while making the craft as I had hoped. :)
We had snow on Tuesday this week and so I took Silas out to play in it a bit. It was really a heavy dusting that melted by noon, but I dressed him in his full snowsuit just for fun. I'll send you the pictures when I get a moment, hopefully this evening. We made minature snow people, which he enjoyed smashing on the patio (that has to be a boy thing.
Then I introduced him to eating snow - I couldn't resist, but now I wish I had. Six hours later he woke from his nap and began vomiting! YUCK! I was covered in vomit, as was his beautiful chair in his room and the entire bathroom! It was so gross! I'm sure my character has been somehow strengthened by the whole thing, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone! He may not have picked it up from the snow, although that was what mom and dad were convinced it was. He was in church Saturday night and Sunday morning, so he very easily could have picked up something there, and I also had taken him to the drop-in day-care at mall, so he could have gotten something there too. But today, at mom's group, I learned that another kid from Silas' Saturday night class also got a stomach virus, so I'm assuming it was the nursery and NOT eating snow, which makes me feel better. He is just today starting on regular food and I'm so leery of feeding him anything!
No comments:
Post a Comment