Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pregnancy #3... First Trimester COMPLETE!!

Everything with my pregnancy is going well. I have officially made it through the first trimester and things are looking just like my pregnancy with Silas looked and NOTHING like the miscarriage in the fall - Praise God! It's funny, but it's taken me this long to really settle into begin pregnant! I just pulled out maternity pants on Sunday (and was comfortable for the first time in weeks!) I guess I wasn't rushing things so much, as one of the hardest things about the miscarriage was being in maternity clothes and NOT being pregnant.

I think I told you about meeting last month with the specialist from OSU and how we felt God's peace and comfort afterwards. Steve had a blood test while we were there to see if he was heterozygous or homozygous - basically whether he carried only positive factors (I don't know the actual term) or whether there was a 50-50 chance that this baby could carry a negative factor and thus not be affected at all by the anti-body senstitity. For some reason, we didn't get the results until just this week, but I am happy to report that he is heterozygous!!! Even though it's a small thing, it is an answer to prayer, giving me hope that this pregnancy will be uncomplicated and building my faith that God is in control and that he will watch over and keep this baby safe. I also had more blood tests on Friday and got the results yesterday that my levels have not changed AT ALL - another huge encouragement! So I am feeling tons of peace!

I recently came across this scripture from I Chronicles that has been encouraging me to stand strong: "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles and the judgments he pronounced." (I Chron. 16: 11-12) I feel like I am able to look to God and that he is revealing himself to me in so many ways. He is in control and I can trust him.

We finally told Silas last week about the baby and he is THRILLED! Of course, the waiting is hard and I would have liked to have waited longer, but my belly has been popping out for weeks and I felt bad misleading him whenever he mentioned it. Here's how the conversation would go:
Silas: "Your belly's getting bigger, mom" said with a sly grin.
Me: "That's cause I eat too much. Your belly is getting bigger too. And so is daddy's."
Which resulted in him breaking out in giggles and allowed a quick change of subject for me. If only he didn't hang out in the bathroom when I'm in my skivvy's, it wouldn't be a problem.

No comments: