Thursday, August 18, 2011

The old woman who lived in the shoe...

"There was an old woman who lived in a shoe. 
She had so many children, she didn't know what to do!"
I always thought that was comical, the poor little woman just being overrun with little ones. Now that I'm a mom to three little boys, I get it.


Anytime I have to take all three to the grocery store, I get it.


When I'm alone in the evenings and it's "bath night", I get it.


When I have to get out the door early, all three dressed and fed, I get it.


The rhyme continues: 

"She gave them some broth without any bread;
Then whipped them all soundly and put them to bed."


I feel like that too, sometimes, though, thankfully, I haven't resorted to such drastic measures. Yet.  




2 comments:

Keri said...

It's only a matter of time before you reach that breaking point... ;-)

Too funny! In my many moments of feeling overrun by small people, I've never had that nursery rhyme come to ming -- but now I will! And it will bring a smile to my face, thinking of you.

Keri said...

"Come to ming?" Yes, it has been one of those days.

Come to mind. Mind. Like the one I'm losing. :-)