Monday, April 18, 2005

Silas' First Birthday!!

Here are the long promised and overdue pictures of Silas’ birthday party. I know I’m late in getting these out, but just after the party, Silas got sick with a stomach virus. Being the worry-wort that I am, I of course thought that he was vomiting either because of the cow’s milk he had for the first time or the sugar from his birthday cake, but it turned out to just be a virus. At least it wasn’t my fault.

The really bad thing about it all was that he was sick his whole birthday and the week after. We just cuddled on the couch for days - watching “Baby Songs” was the only thing that would calm him. (For you parents out there, if you don’t have Hap Palmer’s “Baby Songs” you must get it! It’s much better than Baby Einstein videos for active toddlers.)

The latest on Silas is that he’s WALKING!!!!! He took his first steps half-way through March and by the time his birthday party rolled around he was chasing after the “big” kids! It was so cute to see him try to keep up! Of course he still falls a lot (and he’s got the bruises to prove it), but now his favorite activity is walking, carrying something while walking, and chasing mommy while walking... you get the idea. It’s like he’s figured out how to move and he’s making up for lost time. Remember, this is the kid who didn’t roll over until he was 6 months old and didn’t care to crawl until he was 9 months! I thought for sure he’d be a late walker! Shows how much I know!

I’m going to try to send out a short video of Silas walking at Gramma and Grampa’s house in Wilmore. He takes a good crash when the dog comes up to him but he makes a nice recovery. The file shouldn’t be too large, but still, I’m sure there are some of you who won’t be able to open it. Sorry about that! Let me know if you have trouble so I don’t send you videos in the future.

Hope you all are well! We love getting updates from you, so when you have the time, please write!
Love,
Ashleigh



Silas is King for a Day!




Silas is working away on that cake! Yum!

No comments: