Saturday, February 25, 2006

Food and Faith...

I’m not a nutritionist, I just play one on the TV of my mind. (I have quite the imagination. You would know this about me if I’ve ever described one of my dreams to you.)

That being said, I do have a relatively healthy relationship to food. For me, food and faith are related. Sometimes when I sit down to an awesome salad of fresh spinach, fruit, raisins, almonds, feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, I say a prayer of thanks that borders on awe for the treasure I have before me. I worship a God who created such beautiful and delicious things for us to consume to fuel our bodies!

I wouldn’t be able to eat healthy if I didn’t have this act of worship aspect to my eating. It makes it holy, and I try to honor the gift of the food, as well as the gift of my choice in what food eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post!!! I love that you see a salad, and all the components and worship God while you eat! What a great reminder to eat healthy things that you KNOW God made and not a machine!
I LOVE your blog lay out, the title, EVERYTHING!!! It's AWESOME!!!

Anonymous said...

Ash thanks for inviting me to read your thoughts! It's a lot easier than trying to discipline and watch our boys all while trying to hear each other! hee hee You have encouraged me to blog my crazy obession. Lots of thoughts that you have seem to set me off into other stuff that I have read. I think we've read a lot of different stuff between us which makes for interesting conversation and good swap of info. I can't believe you haven't read "The Maker's Diet". You would love it.