While the author's objective is likely to inform his readers of many pitfalls which can be avoided, he is also trying to sell books, and fear sells. "What must I do to protect myself and my loved ones from the evil government and nasty doctors who are sabotaging our future? I better buy this book so I can find out." (Save yourself the $20 and get it from the library.)
I continually seek godly wisdom on health, and sometimes that comes from secular sources. But sometimes I feel paralyzed to eat anything for fear of doing damage. This book makes me question the organic foods that I have been enjoying as even they have been compromised. Everything is potentially harmful!
And this brings me to the word of the LORD:
God instructed Isaiah not to walk in the way of the people saying,
"You are not to say, 'It is a conspiracy!' In regard to all that this people call a conspiracy, and you are not to fear what they fear or be in dread of it.
It is the LORD of hosts whom you should regard as holy. And He shall be your fear, and He shall be your dread. Then He shall become your sanctuary..."
Stop for a moment and drink that in. Isn't that powerful. God will be our sanctuary, our protection, or hiding place. I am grateful to be one of His children, to be able to enter under his care. He still speaks today, even through and ancient prophet.
1 comment:
Good stuff, Ashleigh! It is important, isn't it, to be discerning when it comes to educating oneself about...well, about EVERYTHING. Parenting, safety, health, medicine, there is enough alarming information out there (some reliable, some not so much so) to make a person want to crawl into a closet to live out the rest of her days. So good to go back to Isaiah and hear what a true prophet has to say about such things.
Now I'm thinking that perhaps God's wisdom was pervading my thoughts after all, without my realizing it. I do try to be reasonable about health issues, but so often I'd read alarming health reports and think, "At this point in my life, there's just so much I can take in, and so much I can do. The rest, I'll have to leave up to the Lord's protection." Sometimes that felt like a cop-out, but maybe it was the Holy Spirit giving me the peace I needed to ward off dangerous fear...?
Post a Comment