
Aunt Faith was here for a wonderful 5 day visit, during which she gave Silas and beautiful red satin cape, lined with fire trucks and dalmations, complete with a large felt "S". She asked for my permission first before giving it to him, in case he was in an obssessive stage in which in might wish to wear said cape everywhere. I assured her that he wasn't in such a stage, and felt pretty safe with that diagnosis as he has 2 capes already and we haven't had any problems.
But those weren't Super Silas capes. He has worn it all day every day since she gave it to him. One morning, an hour before he is usually out of bed, he stood by my bedside, completely dressed for the day, and asked for his cape. It's hilarious. And Faith keeps reminding me that she asked first.
And it makes him run faster. He has hand motions that begin each run. I love it. Because before long, he will be embarrassed. Before I know it, he'll be too cool. Before I'm ready, he'll have struggled with growing up himself and will decide to put his child's play aside and do more big boy things like sports or video games.
So if he wants to wear his cape to the grocery store, science museum, mall, church and mom's group, I'm okay with that. I will just smile at anyone who notices and make sure they know that the "S" stands for Super Silas.
No comments:
Post a Comment