Saturday, August 28, 2010

Big Brother are the BEST!



Silas is such a good big brother. It seems to come naturally to him. He's not jealous, he's incredibly patient, he celebrates his little brother's achievements, and he watches out for danger. What a blessing!

Tonight while I was working on dinner, Silas asked if he could go outside. Since I was going to be cooking on the grill, I said that he could. Josiah wasn't begging to go out (yet), so I didn't offer to help put his shoes on. I heard Silas ask his brother to bring him his shoes, which he did, and then Silas put them on for him. Then they happily went out to the backyard together to play. So sweet!

It wasn't until after dinner that I noticed Josiah's shoes were on the wrong feet! Opps! I'm sure if I had done that, Josiah would have let me know right away! Just goes to show that big brothers are the BEST!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Aw, this brings tears to my eyes. How so very, very sweet!!! What a blessing that you can stand back and watch this relationship grow in such a positive way!

And Silas may be a natural at being a big brother, but I'm sure you and Steve deserve some credit for the way you prepared him for Josiah's arrival. I'm sure he had been taught that he had nothing to fear from this new sibling, and that his brother was a gift from God to be treasured!

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

what a sweet, sweet boy!