Mother's Day is such a tricky day for me. It's supposed to be this day that celebrates motherhood, yet, I 'm in the throes of the hard stuff of being a mom - newborn up all night, toddler tantrums, moody grade schooler. And all of that continues whether it's a special day or not.
I'm T-I-R-E-D.
And yet, I had a really great day. We went to church last night, so we didn't have a rush around morning. Of course, I was up with Samuel several times in the night, but Steve started the night with him, which allowed me 5 hours uninterrupted. And I got to spend an hour getting ready upstairs while Steve maintained order below. I woke up with a bad headache, but it wore off before too long.
And there were so many precious moments to cherish. Samuel laughing hysterically as Silas made farting noises on his arm. Josiah playing basketball in the driveway, providing his own play-by-play commentary after every shot. "Almost. Try again." "I did it!" Silas barging in first thing with a warm and cheerful, "Happy Mother's Day, MOm!", waking both me and Samuel.
I am so blessed.
1 comment:
Oh, Ash. I want to give you a hug right now! Motherhood truly requires dying to self on a daily basis, doesn't it -- even on the very day that's supposed to be about US! :-)
I'm so glad that you're able to see past the stress and exhaustion to the blessings. That's a gift from the Lord Himself, that ability to rise above circumstances and find gratitude in your heart, for the small things AND for the big ones.
Post a Comment