Today I turn 35. I am officially "grown-up". I know I've been an adult for quite some time now, but 35 has always stood out to me as being significant. I think a woman in her 30's is so much more confident and sure of herself. I've always looked forward to being 35 and now that I'm there, I'm happy to say that I love my life.
My day is only half over, but already I've had my share of grown up things. Poopy diapers, cat vomit, rain, no plans.
Because I didn't have any plans this morning, I decided to go to the Nordstrom Cafe for lunch with Josiah and Samuel. They were darling little lunch companions and I feel so priviledged to be their mommy. Josiah wanted a turkey sandwich that came with fries. He thoroughly enjoyed his fries and ate only one piece of bread. When he was nearly done with his fries, he decided to try to cut them with the very large fork and knife they provided. He stabbed and sawed, but was unsuccesful. Then he started spearing his fries with the fork and jamming them into his wide open knife. He got one of the fries stuck in his mouth, lodged from top to bottom and I cracked up with laughter as he tried to get his mouth to shut so he could chew it up. He's such a little cartoon character sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment