Monday, November 03, 2008

Knitting for my boys...

I haven't posted any recent pictures of my latest knitting projects because they have been taking forever to finish! Rather than wait until they are completely done, I will post what is done and what is mostly done, and then hope for grace to get those last few loose ends tied up... literally!

Matching sweaters for Silas and his baby brother, Josiah... (Silas wants buttons on his, so I still have to find some that I like. And I may put patch pockets in green on the front of each sweater, but I'm not sure yet as it will change the look pretty dramatically.)


Baby Josiah's sweater with matching jester hat... (still have to finish the pom-poms. I made them too small.)


My first experiment with switching yarns to create a striped pattern...

I wanted to make a hat for Silas, and thought a candy cane striped hat would be cute, but I think it's looking a bit more like the Cat in the Hat... we'll see when it's finished...

1 comment:

Keri said...

Okay, I will admit that I've been a bit emotional lately for some reason, but...I'm tearing up looking at these adorable items you made for your boys! I think it's because I'm imagining how special it will be to finally bring a baby brother home to Silas! I don't know. I'm a weepy mess. You'd think I'm the one who's pregnant!