Monday, November 03, 2008

Ready to bring home baby...

With all the serious nesting we've been doing, I think we can safely say we are ready to bring home baby Josiah... well, mostly ready.

This weeks activities have included building a new bookshelf (love IKEA's prices and designs, don't always love putting things together); installing a do-it-yourself closet organizer for the nursery; cleaning all the messes created from those two projects; cleaning out half of the garage to prepare it for painters; having the garage painted to prepare it for a the Closets By Design installer; cleaning out the laundry room to prepare for the closet organizer again; finally getting organization pieces installed in two VERY cluttered areas; and organizing the laundry room (I also scrubbed out all the cabinets that were existing and cleaned up the last 5 years of detergent residue that had built up.)

As far as the nursery goes, I am mostly done, with only a few little projects I'd like to finish if there's time. I LOVE how this nursery turned out! I wasn't sure if I would do something different for Josiah, but since we were moving rooms, I was having a hard time making the decision to paint the new room exactly the same as Silas' nursery, which had been just perfect for him. I came across some great (and inexpensive) bedding that had the exact color green I had to work around from the nursery chair and then it all came together.

I wanted the walls to be the color of chocolate milk and stood in front of the color wall at Sherwin-WIlliams for what seemed like eternity, praying that I would get the color right. It's tricky picking a shade of brown that will work for a baby's room and not look too grown up. I can proudly say that I nailed it! It is exactly the color I wanted and looks so perfect in his room!!! Silas also got a new paint job - chrome gray - but there's still too much to do in there to post any pictures yet. Perhaps I will get my sister-in-law, Amy, to come over this week and help me finish it up. She is the best!

3 comments:

Keri said...

That room is gorgeous! Little Josiah is a lucky guy to get to come home to this space! Congrats on getting the paint color just right. I know that's tricky, and you should indeed be tickled with yourself! :-)

Keri said...

Okay, I've returned to say that you've inspired me. I've thought about this picture of your nursery many times since I saw it a couple of days ago, and now when I walk into Jonah's blah bedroom, I start feeling antsy to spruce things up. We were so swamped with our other major household projects that I had little time or energy left to devote to our precious little guy's room. (After all, I told myself, he won't know the difference for quite a while...) Now, thanks to you, I'm off to do some accessory shopping soon! :-)

Ashleigh said...

I'm glad I could be some inspiration... I was not nearly as motivated to spruce up Silas' big boy room, and after painting it grey, it was pretty blah. But we spent some time on it this weekend and now I can proudly say there are LOTS of pops of color! He thinks his room is "really cool!" I'll post pictures soon...